A perfect smile not only makes you feel confident about yourself but also makes a lasting impression on others. This is where an orthodontist in Decatur plays a crucial role in helping you achieve that beautiful smile. Nowadays, it’s quite a task to find an orthodontist that understands your needs and helps you achieve your dental goals. Luckily, Christian Family Dentistry in Decatur is here to offer you exceptional orthodontic care.
What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a specialized branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. Using various techniques to move teeth into their proper position and create a healthy, beautiful smile. At Christian Family Dentistry, our orthodontist in Decatur can provide you with personalized orthodontic treatment to achieve your dental goals.
What’s the best age to visit the orthodontist?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first orthodontic evaluation by age 7. At this age, enough permanent teeth have erupted to evaluate for potential problems with tooth and jaw alignment. However, orthodontic treatment is not limited to children and teenagers. Adults can also benefit from orthodontic treatment to improve their oral health and smile aesthetics. It’s never too late to visit an orthodontist in Decatur and discuss your options for a healthier, more beautiful smile.
What dental issues can be addressed through orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics can fix various dental issues related to the alignment and positioning of teeth and jaws. Some of the common problems that orthodontics can fix include:
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite
- Crowding or spacing of teeth
- Jaw growth problems
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD)
- Speech or breathing difficulties caused by dental or jaw misalignment
What are some Orthodontic treatments that we offer?
There are several orthodontic procedures that can help correct various dental issues, such as:
- Six-Month Smile: Six-month smile is a quick orthodontic treatment that uses clear trays to align your front teeth, giving you a straighter smile in just six months!
- Braces: Metal or clear brackets are bonded to teeth and connected with wires to apply pressure and shift teeth into the correct position.
- Invisalign: Clear, removable aligners are custom-made to gradually shift teeth into the desired position.
- Retainers: Once braces or Invisalign treatment is complete, retainers are used to maintain the new alignment of the teeth.
How to Keep Your Teeth Healthy While Wearing Braces or Retainers
Taking care of your teeth when wearing braces or a retainer is crucial to ensure successful treatment outcomes and maintain good oral health. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Brush and floss regularly: Brush at least twice a day and floss daily to remove food particles and plaque from your teeth and braces.
- Avoid hard, sticky, or chewy foods: These types of foods can damage your braces or get stuck in them, leading to tooth decay or other oral health problems.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports: Mouthguards can protect your braces, teeth, and mouth during physical activity.
- Keep regular appointments with your orthodontist: Regular checkups with your orthodontist are essential to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned and to make any necessary adjustments.
- Clean your retainer properly: If you wear a retainer, clean it regularly as instructed by your orthodontist to prevent bacterial buildup and keep it in good condition.
By following these tips and maintaining good oral hygiene practices, you can keep your teeth and braces or retainer clean and healthy throughout your orthodontic treatment.
If you’re looking for an orthodontist in Decatur, look no further than Christian Family Dentistry. Our experienced dentist, Dr. Christian Nwokorie, is dedicated to helping patients achieve a beautiful and straight smile with customized orthodontic treatment plans. We offer a range of orthodontic treatments such as traditional braces, clear braces, and Invisalign to meet the individual needs of our patients. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards a healthier, happier smile today.